PETZ KOLOPHONIUM VIENNA is now a modern export-import wholesale company specializing in string instruments and all accessories for these instruments. The product range includes approximately 5,000 different items, and our customers come from 55 countries spread over all continents.
Currently four family members and six emloyees share and implement the following values for the customers „flexbile – fast – fair“.
In addition to the commercial activity we are intensively engaged in the development and production of our traditional “Petz Kolophonium“.
Petz Kolophonium was founded in 1912 by Ernst Petzka in Vienna. Being a musician himself, he successfully developed a formula for his “Petz” rosin after many attempts. Recognition by international fellow musicians encouraged him to produce in higher quantities and to sell worldwide.
The company exported a great deal already at the time, and all subsequent owners followed this tradition, making the enormous popularity of the “Petz Kolophonium” brand possible.
In 1995, Elisabeth and Rudolf Kögl took over the traditional business.
Recipes that have been changed slightly and adapted to modern strings, improved marketing and innovative new features guarantee the special quality of violin rosin. They also ensure customer loyalty and satisfaction, nearly 100 years after the foundation of the company.
PETZKOLOPHONIUM VIENNA e.U., Quellenstraße 2A 1100 Wien